The Regulatory and Trade Compliance Team provides regular reports, with commentary and analysis, on production, trade, market and economic developments at home and abroad, updates the Ornua Information Portal, liaises with the national authorities on certificates, licensing and other regulatory issues and represents the interests of Ornua at national and European level. The section draws on a wide range of desk research sources, databases and production data from members.
The core role of the Trade Information Officer is to support the business by keeping abreast of a broad array of trade issues including Global Trade Policy, Trade Agreements and their impact, market access issues and trade statistics. The collection of economic data and monitoring industry developments for the information portal and other market reports.
The role is a critical support function for Ornua’s dairy export operations and involves maintaining close working relationships with many functions across the organisation including subsidiaries, business development, dairy trading and sales.
- To assist with the collation of statistical and economic data to identify production, utilisation, trade and economic trends, both within the European Union and externally.
- To keep abreast of Trade Agreements and to assist with analysis of their impact on the dairy sector.
- To provide trade statistics and to assist users in researching trade statistics, import duties and product classifications including updating the ERP system where relevant.
- To keep abreast of import and export procedures in the areas of preferential licencing and administration of same.
- To update the Ornua Information Portal, including uploading information on a daily basis and ensuring correct classification of uploaded information.
- To input proactively into the continuous development of the Ornua Information Portal as a means for co-ordinating and optimising the dissemination of consumer and market information for users.
- To provide weekly product prices to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and quarterly ABP returns.
- To assist with plant FDA registrations and other third country registrations.
- To provide assistance and support including classification and coding of invoices and to undertake the annual votes calculation
- To provide assistance and support to the Regulatory and Trade Compliance Team and the Economist/Business analyst.
- To perform any other appropriate duties from time to time
Key skills and requirements:
- at least two years’ relevant professional experience in a business information/information services role
- third level degree in a business-related/economics discipline
- strong administration and analytical skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- excellent IT skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- good team player
- experience of managing a web-based portal or similar information product
- keen interest in the development of on-line information sources
- experience in the collection of statistical data
If you feel this is a role and company you could see yourself working in, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch with Liane Egan – [email protected] to discuss this position and many more Ornua opportunities.
Apply for this job
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions