SAMCO is an award winning innovative Agricultural company founded in 1997 by Managing Director Samuel J. Shine. Samco is a family run business based in Adare, Co. Limerick. Samco designs and manufactures bespoke agricultural equipment and degradable mulch film for use in the agricultural sector globally.
Field Sales Rep
We currently have a full time position to fill. Cv’s will go through a screening process and you will be notified via email to attend an interview. This is an exciting role for the right person with progression through the company. Samco have recently entered new exciting markets to offer farmers globally their innovative technology with many different crops and farming methods.
- Corresponding with clients to identify and evaluate their crops and advising on feeding requirements based on enterprise
- Measuring performance and analysing data such as crop yield
- Attending meetings, organising seminars, farm demonstrations and open days
- Writing advisory leaflets, technical notes, press releases and articles for papers and adverts for the company’s products
- Keeping up to date with relevant developments
- Other office admin duties that may come with the job
- Meeting sales projections and targets
- Traveling to countries where SAMCO currently does business
- Bachelor of Science (HONS) Agricultural engineering, Agricultural Science, Agri-Environmental science, Animal production, Crop management, Dairy business or similar disciplines
- Previous sales experience essential
- Self-motivated, highly organised with attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Agricultural back round ideal but not essential
- Capacity to be hands on and use initiative when appropriate
- Ability to be pro-active and take responsibility for tasks assigned
- Be flexible and adaptable with a can do attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to persuade and influence clients and maintain relationships
- Good business acumen
- Technical and analytical ability including good IT skills
- Full clean driving licence
If you are interested in applying for a position in Samco please forward your cover letter and CV [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for this job
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions