Who We Are
Macra na Feirme is a vibrant national voluntary organisation for young people between the ages of 17 and 35. The organisation consists of a nationwide network of clubs with six key areas of activity: agriculture, sport, travel, public speaking, performing arts and community involvement. Macra na Feirme is committed to the personal development of members and puts emphasis on social interaction and participation. One of Macra's main aims is to help young farmers get established in farming and assist them through learning and skills development.
Macra na Feirme’s mission is to contribute to the sustainable development of rural communities in Ireland by supporting the social, economic, cultural, personal development and well-being of young people who have a rural connection including young farmers, by representing their interests in the development of relevant policies, programmes and services at National, Regional, and local levels and by advocating on their behalf.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and hard-working person to provide secretarial and administrative support to both the Chief Executive and the National President.
The successful candidate will be responsible for general administrative duties which include:
Producing reports using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Assisting with ad-hoc projects as and when they arise. Attention to detail is most important.
Familiarity with CRM systems, such as salesforce, will be an advantage.
Screen incoming calls, email and correspondence and respond independently when possible.
Minute taking and diary management for both Chief Executive and National President
Provide administrative support to one of Macra na Feirme's National subcommittees, such as Competitions Committee.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
As PA to the Chief Executive and President you will have overall ownership of the Chief Executive’s and President’s diary to manage a demanding schedule of activities, projects and programmes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing admin support to the Chief Executive and National President
Preparing documentation packs for board meetings (National Council &
National Executive) and sub-committees (Finance & Audit, Competitions,
Rural Youth and Agricultural Affairs).
- Ensuring that the President and Chief Executive are fully prepared for
- Handling phone calls and requests from members, sponsors, and other
- Provide administrative/secretariat support to Macra na Feirme’s national
The ideal candidate will have a qualification in administration and approach members, stakeholders and supporters in a friendly, open, and engaging way.
- Must be a fast thinker with a positive attitude
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent computer literacy across MS Office suite.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from coworkers
- An understanding of confidentiality issues
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and
professional manner when dealing with members, sponsors, stakeholders,
- Full clean driving license
Why join us
- We are a dynamic and energetic youth organisation committed to improving the lives of young people with rural connections.
- You will have the opportunity to work in face paced, outcome orientated workplace.
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
- You will be supported to achieve your personal and career development goals.
- You will be part of a wide community that extends to every corner of Ireland.
Application and selection process
A two page curriculum vitae along with a one page application cover letter addressed to the Chief Executive, outlining your suitability for the role should be submitted by email to [email protected] not later than 12 noon, on Monday, September 11th. Candidates may be shortlisted for interview. Interviews will take place in midSeptember. The successful candidate should be available to start work in September/October. The successful candidate will be based at Macra na Feirme, Irish Farm Centre, Bluebell, Dublin 12. Macra na Feirme is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for this job
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions