Agriland.ie is looking for a technical news journalist to join our team.
Agriland.ie is the largest agricultural news portal in Ireland and due to continued phenomenal growth we’re looking to expand our editorial team.
If you’re an energetic and enthusiastic agricultural graduate who wants to play an integral part in generating technical news stories, features and helping to drive our growing traffic, then we can provide that opportunity.
Working at Agriland.ie will mean working as part of a digital media team in a fast-paced environment. Having good knowledge of the agricultural sector is essential.
Reporting to the editor, you will be expected to generate news, follow leads and work with the technical and news teams on stories and content.
Writing & proofreading – you must be able to write factual, clean copy to tight deadlines.
Ideas – working as part of a team you will be to pitch ideas and original content to the editor.
Production – the role will also see you involved in the production of stories for the website and other social media.
- Knowledge of or interest in agriculture (food, agri-business etc).
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to produce clean, factual copy to tight deadlines.
- They must be driven, hard working and flexible.
- They must have the ability to work smart and take responsibility.
- Online writing experience is an advantage but not essential.
- A graduate qualification in agricultural science or a related degree is essential.
- Driving license and own transport.
If you want to be part of an exciting and rapidly growing company, send a cover letter explaining why you’re the ideal person and your CV to email@example.com or via the form below
Apply for this job
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions