Macra na Feirme Young Farmer Skillnet
Macra na Feirme Young Farmer were successful in their application for increased funding. As a result the Macra na Feirme Young Farmer Skillnet wish to employ a network administrator on a two year contract (2018-2019) subject to extension. Macra na Feirme Young Farmer Skillnet is a core project within Macra na Feirme. Macra na Feirme prides itself on shared values of Respect, Transparency, Commitment, Inclusion, Service, Integrity, Excellence, Comradeship, Volunteering, Democracy and Collaboration.
Macra na Feirme Young Farmer Skillnet aims to support a culture of continuous learning in network member companies by providing tailor made training interventions that are enterprise led with network members inputting to the programme design, duration, and certification; as well as location and dates of delivery.
The Macra na Feirme Young Farmer Skillnet Administrator is responsible for all aspects of administration in relation to the Macra na Feirme Young Farmer network. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, computer skills which include experience in Word, Excel and database applications and exceptional organisational skills. You are the first point of contact between Macra na Feirme Young Farmer Skillnet, its members and the public. You will maintain information to the highest standards, such as contact details, participant information, details of training providers and training events. You will be responsible for financial administration and organise training events events.
- General administrative support to the manager and steering group of the Skillnet.
- Assist in the planning, organisation and management of delivery schedules for current and future programmes.
- Book, schedule and confirm all training with training vendors.
- Advertise all programmes to company members on weekly/monthly basis. Manage all bookings and changes in a timely & efficient manner. Respond to all phone/email queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure the Skillnets online activity management system is updated and maintained with relevant information at all times.
- Ensure Macra na Feirme Young Farmer Skillnet website and other related websites are maintained and updated on a weekly basis with schedules, regular updates, news items etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- The ideal candidate will have excellent computer skills, including experience in Word, Excel and database applications essential.
- Previous administrative experience, including financial administration desirable.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet reporting deadlines.
- Other skills and abilities, required for the position, include first class communication skills and the ability to work on own initiative.
- A knowledge of the Ag Food / Farming Industry is desirable but not essential.
The position is part-time (Equivalent of 21 hours per week) initially.
Located in Irish Farm Centre, Bluebell, the successful candidate would report directly to the Macra na Feirme Young Farmer Skillnet Network manager on a day to day basis.
Dependant on skills and experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email outlining your suitability for the role to: Chief Executive, Macra an Feirme [email protected] by Friday, 19th Jan 2018 at 12 Noon. Late applications will not be reviewed.
Apply for this job
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions