At Agriland we're a digital first and have been the pioneers in this space since we launched. Our technology stack is fast, flexible and well-structured forming the backbone of our business. We are looking to recruit a Full Stack Developer to join our development team and help build out our innovative platform. In this role you will be working on developing new features and maintaining existing ones that are used by thousands of people each day.
We work with a variety of technologies across a number of platforms so this position will expose you to numerous development environments and a broad range of development skills. You will use your experience to inform our engineering process and play a key role in making decisions when building new features.
What will I be doing?
- Maintain and build core features for our publishing platform and app
- Maintain our REST based APIs
- Ensure our codebase is well structured, scalable and secure
- Work closely with product stakeholders to understand what needs to be built
- Keeping up to date with new technologies and techniques in the web industry
- Hunt down bugs and troubleshoot
- Carry out performance tests and ensure the platform is fast and responsive at scale
What skills do I need?
- A degree or masters in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of PHP development experience
- A great knowledge of WordPress
- An understanding of REST based APIs
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- You’re a master of developing responsive sites with HTML/CSS
- Know how to use a version control system like GIT
- Knowledge of web performance fundamentals
- Comfortable working on your own and managing your time
Bonus Skills to impress us
- Experience with Varnish, Memcached, Nginx, Apache a bonus
- Experience working with CDNs a bonus
- Familiar with adtech and DoubleClick for publishers a bonus
- Familiar with releasing apps and the app store approval process
- Familiar with Google Analytics and excel
To apply complete the form below or email [email protected] and be sure to include some examples of your work
Apply for this job
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions