Be a part of our growing team. This is an opportunity to join a long established and rapidly growing livestock export & farming business. To help us achieve our ambitious growth plans
and expansion into new export markets we are now seeking an ambitious candidate who will be an integral part of our team helping to drive sales and developing new business
The position will require the ability to manage, organise and co-ordinate all sales functions for both the farm and export business.
This self-starting role requires excellent communication skills, the ability to work own initiative, the ability to work under pressure,
make decisions, meet strict deadlines, solve problems and have an eye for detail with excellent interpersonal and people skills. Multi-tasking, flexibility and strong computer Skills
are essential attributes.
- Identifying and driving the development of new potential markets, generating and qualifying leads and making sales calls with a view to achieving agreed sales targets.
- Preparing weekly and monthly progress reports for review by the Directors.
- Design and implement an overall strategic business development plan in conjunction with the Directors
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with existing customers including on-farm sales visits.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with existing suppliers including on-farm purchasing visits.
- Meeting customers on selection visits and professionally managing the process of physical livestock selection by customers on suppliers farms.
- Ensuring livestock purchased and sold continues to meet the high quality standards that have made our business successful to date.
- Ensuring purchase and sales documentation is fully completed in line with company procedures and returned to the office in respect of all transactions undertaken.
- Developing key business partnerships and commercial opportunities.
- Managing the sales process through from initial contact, to deal, to sourcing, arranging transport and finalising sale.
- Ensuring terms and conditions of sale, in particular payment terms are clearly communicated and following up on same.
- Co-ordination and ensuring active communication with office personnel in respect of all sales and developments within the business.
- Continuous adaptation and understanding of market conditions within an ever changing environment.
- Using social media and blogging to enhance Cows.ie’s profile in the market.
- Sales calls to existing overseas customers and development of new business in the UK & other geographical areas. Some overseas travel mainly to the UK & Mainland Europe is an
integral part of the Role
- Have a strong knowledge of the Farming sector and Livestock markets.
- Be an excellent communicator who will act as an ambassador for the company
- Be a self-starter with the ability to self-motivate and work on his or her own initiative as well as within a team environment.
- Have experience designing and implementing strategic business development plans preferably within the livestock industry.
- An agricultural qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Ideally have a proven track record in sales.
- Have strong IT skills and experience in social media marketing.
- Logical thinker.
- Excellent package for the right candidate.
To apply for this role, email [email protected] with a copy of your CV
Apply for this job
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions