The Technical Support Team Leader will have responsibility for the coordination of the business support and Quality Management within the Technical Team. This includes responsibility for leading, managing and developing staff within the business support and Quality Management functions. The Technical Support Team Leader will be responsible for managing the stock monitoring process, developing systems for managing the flow of Non-conformances through the company, facilitating customer queries and managing the Supplier and Customer quality documentation process through monitoring and driving continuous improvement.
The role involves maintaining close working relationships with Ornua Co-op’s Trading, Ingredient and Consumer Foods divisions as well as manufacturers, subsidiaries and 3rd party suppliers and packers to the business. The role will involve driving and participating in continuous improvement projects across systems and products. The incumbent will be expected to take the lead in key areas of development and lead interdepartmental projects and meetings as required. The Technical Support Team Leader will be expected to work closely with the Technical Inspectors to resolve key issues, standardise processes and to provide cover for the Technical Manager as required.
The role requires the incumbent to keep self and the Technical Team abreast of any changes to legislation, to ensure all Ornua’s products meet legislative requirements. The role is predominantly office based; however certain aspects of supplier and customer interactions will involve some travel.
- To lead, develop and manage the Technical Support Team within the business, to ensure the required levels of competence, motivation, commitment and efficiency are present
- To work closely with all Suppliers and Customers to ensure that all targets are being met for the supply of Technical & Quality data. This includes holding suppliers accountable to KPI’s set and agreed by Ornua.
- To manage the stock monitoring process in relation to missing results and to coordinate with the Technical Support team, Technical Inspectors and other relevant departments to action any stock related quality issues.
- To review and develop more streamlined ways of working within the Technical Team in such areas as the handling of Customer Queries, Supplier Assurance Questionnaires, Results Monitoring, Sample management.
- To drive improvement in complaint handling and monitoring and to ensure a comprehensive and Customer appropriate response within designated timelines.
- To assist in the resolution of complaints with cross departmental teams through chairing of meetings, reviewing the complaints process and report management.
- To drive continuous improvement in Quality Systems Management by maintaining the Ornua QUBE Quality Management system and developing clear Technical ways of working to ensure a consistent operating environment within the Ornua business to ensure compliance with customer requirements and standards.
- To co-ordinate the management of the Document Control System for BRC and to participate in the maintenance of the BRC Agents & Brokers Accreditation within the business.
- To co-ordinate the management of QUBE specification system with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- To support the Ornua group use of Qube through provision of training and streamlining of core documentation.
- To provide cover and support for the Technical Manager and Technical Inspectors as required.
- To manage the Franchisee product range and organize audits / supplier review as required in conjunction with the Technical Team.
- To participate in continuous improvement projects within the business as required.
- To have a good working knowledge of technical legislation relevant to Ornua product categories, including implementation of any changes to this legislation to ensure that all Ornua products meet legislative and legal requirements.
- To work closely with the Technical Team to ensure that appropriate support service levels are provided to the Dairy Trading & Ingredients and Consumer Foods Divisions both in house and internationally.
- To at all times represent the Ornua to the highest level in all interactions with our members, suppliers and customers.
- To develop and maintain good relationships with Ornua suppliers and 3rd party packers.
- To perform any other appropriate duties from time to time.
Key Requirements & Attributes:
- 3 - 5 years’ plus with experience of Technical/Quality Assurance, ideally dairy however food or beverage may be considered.
- A third level qualification in a technical / food science discipline.
- Strength of knowledge and experience in the areas of;
- Quality management systems/processes development and maintenance is essential
- Project management is desirable
- People management desirable
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills.
- Problem solver, disciplined in collecting information, ascertaining root cause of issues and identifying and developing practical solutions.
- Ability to work to deadlines and work under pressure.
- Pro-active and possesses a "can do" mentality.
- IT literate with strong Movex (ERP system), Word, Excel and database skills.
- Flexible and committed attitude with the ability to display initiative.
- Strong business results focus.
- The ability to work well individually and integrate well with the Ornua business.
- Flexibility to travel and work outside office hours.
- Customer Focus - Attentive to the needs of Customer and ability to respond to the needs of a Global Customer base in a regulated industry. Ability to work in partnership with Technical department partners including internal Stakeholders, Co-op Members, and other 3rd Party partners to achieve a mutually successful outcome.
- Team Focus – Leads their functional team but also works in collaboration with Cross Functional Teams to deliver team goals.
- Excellence – Take pride in our company and products and deliver excellence in terms of our service and products.
- Ownership & Accountability – Take ownership and look for solutions.
- Change & Innovation – Embrace change and look at innovative ways of adapting to the environment. A core principle of this will be to promote a culture of Continuous Improvement in your team
- Effectiveness – Understand the Role of Ornua and exercise sound judgement in decision making. To deliver on business goals through Team KPI achievements.
If you feel this is a role and company you could see yourself working in, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch with Liane Egan – [email protected] to discuss this position and many more Ornua opportunities.
Apply for this job
Tips when applying for a job
- Always add a cover letter
- Check both cover letter and CV for spelling mistakes
- Research the Company and prepare some questions